The NFL divisional round continued Saturday on FOX, and all eyes were on the NFC.
After getting a week off, Jalen Hurts and the top-seeded Philadelphia Eagles opened their postseason run by dominating Daniel Jones and the sixth-seeded New York Giants, 38-7. With the win, the Eagles punched their ticket to the NFC Championship Game where they will face either the No. 5 Dallas Cowboys or the No. 2 San Francisco 49ers.
Here are the top plays!
Started off with a bang!
The Eagles were in the red zone within the first few minutes of the game, as Hurts went deep to DeVonta Smith for 40 yards on just the second play of the game.
Then, tight end Dallas Goedert finished the job, cashing in for a 16-yard score to put the Eagles ahead early, 7-0.
The Giants’ first possession didn’t end as well, however. The road team turned things over on downs after coming up short on fourth-and-8 at Philly’s 40-yard line after back-to-back sacks from Eagles linebacker Haason Reddick.
Philly extended its lead, 14-0, late in the first quarter, thanks to the fancy footwork of Smith.
Jones was picked off near midfield on the Giants’ following drive by Eagles cornerback James Bradberry.
Just like that, the ball was back in Hurts’ hands to start the second quarter.
After both teams went three-and-out on their next possessions, the Eagles bounced back with another score midway through the second quarter. Boston Scott punched in a 3-yard touchdown to extend Philly’s lead, 21-0.
With less than a minute left until halftime, Hurts ran in a 5-yard score to put his team up 28-0.
Sealing the deal
The Eagles added a short field goal late in the fourth quarter, followed by Kenneth Gainwell popping off for a 35-touchdown with less than two minutes to play. Things ended there, 38-7.
Top stories from FOX Sports:
- Chiefs vs. Jaguars highlights: Mahomes, K.C. headed to AFC championship
- NFL divisional round odds: Lines for every matchup
- 2023 NFL playoff schedule, bracket: Updated dates, times
- 2023 NFL coaching tracker: News, rumors, interviews
- Dak Prescott, Cowboys silence critics in dominant playoff win
- Tom Brady won’t rush decision on future, but changes loom for Buccaneers
- Trevor Lawrence, Daniel Jones emerge; The secret of the 49ers’ success
- Eagles’ fate hangs on the health of Jalen Hurts
- NFL poll: Expert picks for MVP, DPOY, Super Bowl and other awards
Get more from National Football League Follow your favorites to get information about games, news and more